Spend $60 and receive FREE SHIPPING!
Spend $60 and we will thank you by providing free standard shipping on your order.* You are welcome to combine this offer with any other discount or coupon.
*This offer includes free USPS ground shipping to the US, free Royal Mail for UK/EU customers and free USPS 1st Class Intl Air Mail for international customers. You do not need to enter a promotion code to take advantage of this offer. The shipping fee is automatically deducted at checkout.
Promotion is for free shipping only; the value of the free shipping may not be applied to your purchase of an expedited shipping option, such as FedEx next day.
Not finding what you're looking for?
Contact our customer service team
Phone: 877-4AIDANCE (877-424-3262)
Mail: Aidance Skincare
P.O. Box 2182
Woonsocket, Rhode Island 02895 USA
Tips for Caregivers
Caring for a loved one who is chronically ill is not an easy task. A person may be bedridden for a long or short amount of time, and either way it’s important to take extra steps to ensure the healthiest outcome possible. We’ve compiled several great tips to help when caring for someone with limited mobility.
- Avoid excessively fatty food. Limited mobility means less calories are burned throughout the day. Fatty foods with saturated fats promote unhealthy weight gain and stress on the heart.
- Limit spicy foods which can cause an upset stomach or heartburn, especially when someone spends most of their time in a reclined position.
- Lack of mobility may lead to decreased appetite. Check with a doctor about adding a protein supplement or health drink for additional calories and vitamins.
- Sheets and pillowcases should be checked and changed regularly for cleanliness. A bedridden person will be spending their day on the sheets, so food, sweat, and bacteria will build up quickly.
- Ensure genitals are kept clean and comfortable. Use moistened towelettes to increase cleanliness. It may also be beneficial to use an anti-fungal soap when bathing.
- Adults can get diaper rash, and if not treated properly, painful sores may develop and become infected. Soothe the symptoms of diaper rash with a nourishing anti-bacterial treatment like All-Natural Terrasil Itch, Rash & Pain Relief.
- Keep nails and hair trimmed and maintained. This will help with moral and encourages better quality of life.
- Teeth should still be brushed at least twice a day.
- Daily baths may be too challenging and unnecessary. Help your loved one bathe every other day. Hair only needs to be washed twice a week.
- Exercise is important for everyone. Even a very gentle regimes helps agility.
- Speak with a doctor or physical therapist regarding the level of activity that should be maintained.
- Learn how to assist with exercise. Specialized maneuvers will keep your loved one safe and injury free.
- Shift the weight frequently. Every 15 minutes, the body should be adjusted to avoid too much pressure on the same areas.
- Look for beds or wheelchairs that adjust and allow for different positions, this makes for easier and varied weight distribution.
- Use cushions or a pillow-top mattress cover. A well-positioned cushion or an extra fluffy pillow will help prevent bedsores and increase comfort.
- Be vigilant of boney areas, as they are more prone to developing bedsores. Protect these areas by resting them on a cushion or avoid pressure on them completely.
- Identify sores early by checking the skin frequently. Keep any sores clean with mild soap and gently, pat dry. Use an antifungal treatment like Terrasil Wound Care to encourage faster healing.
Leave a reply